An Overactive Imagination Leads to Fire at University of Michigan Hospital

An Overactive Imagination Leads to Fire at University of Michigan Hospital

A man caused a real fire after lighting an imaginary cigarette at the University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor on Saturday night. According to the university's public safety spokeswoman Diane Brown, the man, who was drunk, "thought he had a cigarette," but was in fact lighting his bedding on fire. There's a lesson to be learned here.

An initial report from the University of Michigan Police Department said that the nurse who extinguished the fire suffered minor injuries, and the unnamed patient wasn't injured at all, but a separate report said that both the nurse and patient suffered burns.

What's real? What's fake?

RELATED: The Most Ratchet Stories of MarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugust, and September.

[via The Huffington Post]


Tags: university-of-michigan, fire
blog comments powered by Disqus