Although they’re actually triangles, the public plazas at the intersection of Broadway and the north-south avenues are all called squares. Perhaps the most famous of these is at the intersection of Broadway and 7th Avenue: Times Square. Originally called Longacre Square, in 1904 the New York Times moved into the then newly erected Times Building and the plaza was officially renamed in its honor. However, less than ten years later, the Times moved west to a mid-block home at 229 West 43rd Street, leaving the old building mostly vacant. A hundred years after they moved into their first home in the area, the Times was again making plans to move, this time further even further west.