The American Fine Arts Building at 215 West 57th Street opened in the fall of 1892 to serve as home to the Art Students League, the Architecture League, and the Society of American Artists. By 1927, the Architecture League had established a new headquarters; by 1941 ,the Art Student League was the sole remaining member of the building, and bought out the other organizations' shares.

Tags: look-up, new-york, maurice-sendak, art-students-league
blog comments powered by Disqus