30-year-old Natasha Marie Harris died suddenly at her New Zealand home back in February of 2010, leaving behind eight children. According to her partner Christopher Hodgkinson, it was because she drank too much soda.
Hodgkinson told court officials yesterday that Harris had struggled with her health for up to a year prior to her death, vomiting six times a week, but everyone thought it was due to gynecological issues and the burden of raising eight kids. He claims that she drank up to 18 pints of Coca-Cola per day for years.
Hodgkinson said that if she didnâ€™t get her daily fix, she would snap. An initial autopsy showed that Harris had suffered liver damage, and he says doctors told him she had suffered a heart aneurysm due to too much Coke. Medical evidence revealed the main cause of death was cardiac arrhythmia.
Dr. Dan Mornin told the court that Harris probably had an extreme case of hypokalemia, a lack of potassium in the blood due to overindulgence in soda. He also added that the vomiting was a result of too much caffeine, commonly known as caffeine toxicity.
Some people like their coke in bottles or cans, while others prefer it on plates. Either way, too much of it will kill you.
[via The Daily Mail UK]