What do the Complex editors do when they're not serving you with endless hours of entertainment?
My Spot takes you inside some of their favorite destinations, both in the 'hood and around the globe.
Los Angeles: land of supermodels, breast implants, paparazzi, and drunken, coked-out superstars. Some come here to become the next big thing; others just to escape the hustle of the East Coast—whatever the reason everyone likes to party. But dealing with power drunk bouncers and ridiculous admission prices isn't the only way to have a good time. Who wants to be the guy Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton ends up throwing up on because the weed isn't mixing well with all those L.I.Ts? Yeah we'll take a rain check too. Complex staffer Chester Berry (@ChessNoCheckers) skips the big name clubs and sticks to seedy local bars like Loaded Rock Bar located off the corner of Cahuenga and Hollywood Blvd. With leather and metal everything, and a back wall made entirely out of Marshall Amp stacks, its aura screams loud music and bad decisions, and so does its clientele. Not a good first date spot but it's perfect for those nights that you can't remember for reasons that you don't want to forget. Chester is a fan and here is why you should be too...
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
• Everyday from 11am to 7pm you can get two drinks for the price of one (plus a $1 extra), which is great if you're trying to impress Ms. Trifey sitting down the bar from you.
• As far as drinks go they've got every kind of whiskey and bourbon you can think of, from Jameson to Blanton's. The priciest drink comes in at a whopping $8, so you can't really lose. Did I mention Coronas are just $4?
• It's a rock bar so nobody's walking around trying to be gangsta here, making it a perfect spot to rage. Plus any girl you take/meet here already thinks you're eclectic as hell. And I'm usually the only one wearing sneakers that aren't Converses.
• Like I said people rage out here. You should expect a few "friendly encounters" and maybe even a few bar fights so come prepared. These people rock to Floyd and Zep and it's LOUD so don't expect any deep conversation.
• There's a stripper pole adjacent to the bar... I think you can figure out on your own why that's a good thing. Just don't get so drunk that you think getting up their yourself is a good idea. (It's not.)
• Everybody is tatted here. I've even been offered a free tattoo from an artist I've met here. If you don't have more than 10 you're a baby and most of the females will make you feel bad about it. Little do they know it's perfect for tramp stamp hunting. See one and pull the trigger.
• If you can't play guitar don't act like it because it'll end bad. Trust me on this one, too.
What's your spot? Hit us at @ComplexMag and let us know by using the hashtag #myspot.